Monday, October 19, 2009

Another Day, Another Dose

It wasn’t even my prescription. A friend asked me if I’d ever tried Oxycontin. I told her no and asked her what it was. She said it was a pain pill and gave an incredible high. I really didn’t hesitate to try it. After all, it was only going to be once, what was the big deal? She told me to chew it and not swallow it whole. Within just a couple of minutes I felt better than I had ever felt in my life. So warm, tingly, high and content. I felt so relaxed and yet so aware. Soon after that high hit, I knew I was going to want more of this stuff.

Drug Addiction Stories Another Day, Another Dose Part 1That’s how it started. I began slowly; only taking one or two pills a day. Then I had to up the dosage because I just wasn’t feeling the same great high I did the first few times. Then I went from once a day, to twice a day, to so many times I lost count. Once I had gotten past 3 pills a day, my friend started charging me for them. After all, I guess she had to buy them too. At first, I thought I could control it. When I started wanting to increase the number of pills, I started to wonder how I was going to pay for them. That wasn’t easy since I was getting really sick of my job. I’d rather be high and enjoying it than working anyway.

Somewhere along the line I did lose my job because I was missing so much work. It really bothered me but all I had to do was take a hit of Oxy and everything would be fine. Money started to become a real issue, though. I couldn’t pay the bills and I wasn’t working and most importantly, I needed my Oxycontin. That’s when I first decided to start having male “friends” over. They were decent enough guys, so it was really no big deal. The thing is, that made me enough for my fix but not enough for everything else. Hey, when you can have a fantastic high, who needs anything else? I moved out of that house and just got one of those little sleeping rooms. Next thing I had to do was get the word out about my “services”. I wasn’t really a hooker. I mean, I wasn’t walking the streets or anything.

Credit to http://addiction.narcononrehab.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment